Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'You sleep less as a father, but it's worth it'

Roger Federer was asked if being a father of four children and travelling around the world at the same time is tougher than being competitive at 38 years of age. "Definitely being a father is the toughest (laughter), it's a day by day job", said the Basel native. "As a player, you have days off, but at home, you will never have them and you will face challenges like not sleeping, a lot of routines change, but the challenge is worth it. My four children have a lot of energy, my wife is unbelievable, very strong, an amazing mother. We try our best every day and we have a great expectation for what kind of family we will be in the next five or ten years."

Federer concluded: "Playing in the biggest stadiums in the world and being supported in a way that I could have not imagined to. It's great. Being part of a new generation of players and facing players who I was seeing on TV or holding my Wimbledon trophy in my hands. Of course, being a father, getting married, travelling around the world, getting to know places that I did not think I would. For example, at 15 years I never thought I would come to Colombia but here I am, having a South American tour. And even more in Bogota where I had the loudest crowd back in 2012."

In an interview to RTS Rafael Nadal's uncle, Toni reassessed the Spanish player's season. The 58-year-old Manacor native said: "It has been a very good year for us, the number means a lot to us because it has not been easy for him to end the year as a No. 1 all those years. Rafael could not play a full season over the years. He had many issues and it was so important that he reached Federer and Djokovic. I remember in 2009 if there were no injuries, he would have ended the year as a number one. It was the same in 2012. Now he managed to become the oldest year-end world No. 1."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34nbRy4

No comments