Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas shares how almost losing life made him stronger

Stefanos Tsitsipas was almost drowning as a kid in Korea at the sea. The Greek player believes he got stronger from that experience. "I was very close to lose my life that day, but it did have a positive outcome in my life", said Tsitsipas. "I'm grateful to any god up there that saved me, that gave me the opportunity to live and be in the place I am right now, winning titles, being one of the best players in the world, representing my country in tennis at the highest level. It kind of wakes you up when you have experiences like this, as you said."

Asked if Wimbledon is still the Major he wants to win, Tsitsipas replied: "I don't really mind anymore. I believe all Grand Slams are great. They all have something unique in them. So for sure Wimbledon is something that, you know, a tournament that has a lot of traditions, and I think most of the players, if you ask, want to win Wimbledon. But for me, any Grand Slam would be great. I feel like my game is getting better over time, and I believe I'm really close on being crowned a Grand Slam champion. I know these are strong words that I say, but I do feel like I belong to be there. I'm competing against one of the best players in the world, and the amount of effort and the amount of work I put every day deserves to have an outcome like this."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/359U4KJ

No comments