Breaking News

Thiem: 'Against Federer, Nadal, Djokovic you are the underdog in the crowd'

Dominic Thiem spoke of the crowd support he got at the ATP Finals in London and how it can differ when he faces Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray and the other players. "I really loved the support all week long. It's also something a little bit new for me to be a little bit in the favor of the crowd, because if you play this these big tournaments against the other Big 3 or Big 4, you are somehow always the underdog in the crowd. Also well-deserved, but still... So I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the support, and I think it's a combination of everything", said Thiem.

On his recent improvements, the 26-year-old added: "That feels very good, I mean, especially since US Open, since Davis Cup, Laver Cup. I'm super happy how my game developed, because Indian Wells, honestly, it's a very slow hard court. It suits my game very good because it's almost like a clay court. But here or Vienna, Beijing, Shanghai where I played really great tennis, it was surfaces where I was struggling big time in the past, and there I made a big step in the right direction, especially here to play finals of the Nitto ATP Finals is an amazing result for me. Even though it's a big and a tough loss today, I still also have in my head that I developed my game very good since a few weeks, since a few months. So anyway, I have enough time to digest this loss, and then I'm going to work out to improve even more on the hard courts to be fully ready for beginning of next season."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OlqL15

No comments