Breaking News

Thiem: 'Beating Roger Federer, Djokovic back to back gives me confidence'

Dominic Thiem believes he can go all the way at the ATP Finals in London. Speaking after his wins over Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, the Austrian said: "I'm really confident, of course. It was I think for the first time that I beat two of the Big 3 back to back, which gives me a lot of confidence. Also, I'm super happy and proud that I reached the semifinals for the first time. It was a big goal, but of course it's not enough now. I'll try to play a good match against Matteo on Thursday. Of course it's a little bit more comfortable now that I don't have a lot of pressure in this match, but of course I want to continue the great shape and then full focus on the semifinals. And I try to keep up the great level I had in the first two matches also for the semifinals."

"It would be the biggest title of my career", continued the 26-year-old. "I think this tournament here is almost on level with the Grand Slams, because it's so tough to win it. You have to beat only top 10 players. You have to beat the eight best players of the season. Maybe this tournament is the most difficult to win all year."

On his improvements with the footwork, Thiem added: "It just brings a better balance. I improved it, I think. In general my footwork is wider. It got wider. And if you see the best players, they are all super wide. That just brings you the best balance. Obviously it's the best if you start already at the return with it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QdHndO

No comments