Breaking News

Tsitsipas: 'Rafael Nadal is not defensive at all! Roger Federer is my idol'

The new generation made up of Stefanos Tsitsipas, Denis Shapovalov, Daniil Medvedev or Borna Coric play very aggressive. Is it the future of tennis? The Greek replied: "I hope so. After all, attacking is the best tactics. But I still think that a very few players play very defensive. Many people say Nadal is a defensive guy. I do not agree. He may be was in the beginning of his career, but now he is very aggressive."

Asked about his childhood idols, Tsitsipas added: "Federer and Pete Sampras, who also has Greek grassroots. Both players have or have had the best backhand on Tour. For me they are kind of an inspiration. I hope more players will hit the one-handed backhand."

On his mother Yulia, Tsitsipas added: "She knows very well what I am doing on the court because she was a professional herself. She is the reason why I became more disciplined as the time went on. My father is much stricter. At some point I will hire a second coach because it's never bad to get multiple opinions. But I have a special relationship with my father. We are close and we understand each other very well. If he is next to me, then I feel very well and confident. He knows me better and he knows what to improve on."

Tsitsipas won the Nitto ATP Finals defeating the Austrian Dominic Thiem after an almost three-hour championship clash. The whole Greece is happy for him.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2NZgE2T

No comments