Breaking News

Zverev may hire Becker, wants to beat Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Djokovic

In an interview to Bild the world No. 7 Alexander Zverev said that he may add the six-time Major winner Boris Becker to his coaching team. Becker is the head of men's German tennis and he helps Zverev in tournaments time by time. Over the last few years Zverev co-operated with former world No. 1s like Juan Carlos Ferrero and Ivan Lendl. His father Alexander Sr. was the main coach. "He (Becker) will be in Australia in January for the ATP Cup and the Australian Open. I will speak to him. We will see what it gets out. At the moment I am very happy with the team I have. These people have been with me for 20 years and I know them very well", said the 22-year-old during the London's ATP Finals.

Reflecting on his difficult season, Zverev concluded: "Tough moments are always there, in private life too. It depends on how you get back after. I think I will be a much better player next year when everything will regroup together."

On his future, Zverev concluded: "The goal is still to become the number one in the world. But I want to do it when Roger, Rafa and Novak are still playing. All the rest would have less value. I want to be number one because I am the best and not because others stop. I think there will be a new Grand Slam winner next year. If I will be, I do not know. But it's time of the changing of the guard. Next year it will be special."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2qQrzTw

No comments