Breaking News

Zverev: 'Thiem beat Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, which is special'

Alexander Zverev expects an extremely tough semifinals match against Dominic Thiem at the ATP Finals in London. The German player said: "He has been playing some unbelievable tennis, maybe the best tennis that we have ever seen from him. Actually beating Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic on this court is very special. Doing it back to back is very, very difficult. He's playing unbelievable tennis, and it's going to be a very difficult match. I'm looking forward to it. Honestly, I'm just happy to be in the semis, and from here on we'll just see how it goes."

Zverev also spoke about Daniil Medvedev's potential: "He's very capable of winning in straight sets against anybody. He's shown it over the last few months. He's beaten me quite easily in Shanghai, so he's very capable of doing that. You know, this arena, this place is special to me. I feel different here, and this kind of feeling I want to take to next year, as well, to the next tournament. Doesn't matter if I win or lose. Obviously I want to win and I'll do everything I can, but kind of memorizing this last year and this year and getting it to the other big events, as well, is something that I'll hope to do for the future, you know, next year and the next few years."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/378dQIo

No comments