Breaking News

Andrea Petkovic Looking Forward to New Role as Sports Commentator on ZDF

German tennis player Andrea Petkovic says she is looking forward to her new role as a sports presenter on ZDF.

According to T-Online, Petkovic says she does not like asking athletes questions on their goals because she knows that goals can be as high as possible. "I would not ask this question, because I know that the goals are as high as possible. I do not have to hear that from an athlete, so as to bring him back to fraternity later on."

Petkovic is working alongside Rudi Cerne and Norbert Konig as part of the sports reporting team for ZDF while a second program with Petkovic is scheduled for the 8th of December. She says she plans to continue playing in 2020 but adds that she hopes to be doing the commentary for a long time post her tennis career. "If my first two shows are going well, and if I'm allowed to contribute editorially, that will be fun for me, and then I hope I'll be there for a long time."

Petkovic says she would like to conduct an interview with 38-year-old Zlatan Ibrahimovic and 46-year-old Thomas Tuchel. "That (Tuchel) would be my dream candidate. He had some theories and interesting thoughts that would interest me."

Petkovic also hopes that she can work to get more tennis on German television. "I think Germany has an unfathomable potential for tennis, and if you were to feed people more often with tennis, they would love to watch this sport."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2LfBt8K

No comments