Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I don't call tennis a job'

Roger Federer spoke about the keys for his longevity. The Swiss player said: "Passion, being motivated, reminding yourself why did you start playing tennis, wasn't supposed to be fun? And understanding that it's privilege what we are doing can have made our passion, our job, even though I don't call it a job ever, because it's not, and so I feel like I need to squeze that lemon as hard as possible because I know that many others would love to be in my position and I cannot just throw that away, I feel I got a respect for the game, for the fans and everybody I feel like I need to give it all I have, having the right team, wife, parents, has been key to my success and I can't ever thank them enough, so that's it, very simple but not easy."

Alexander Zverev was asked what's left inside himself than when he was 18 years old and was named as the newcomer of the year in 2015: "The passion, the love for the game but at the end of the day I also grew up, I am 22 years old now, I have obviously been through a lot, won a lot of matches, won a lot of tournaments so it's actually in a positive way I moved on from that 18-year-old. I am more mature. I am still learning every day, from every match that I play, I am still learning from every loss that I have, obviously the passion and the love for the game is still there, the hunger to win tournaments is still there but in general I grew up, I am a better tennis player than I was and hopefully a better person as well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OBWo7Y

No comments