Breaking News

Andy Murray: 'I wouldn't expect myself to beat Federer or Djokovic in Melbourne'

Andy Murray spoke about his mindset heading into the Australian Open. The British player is aware that he may face the top players in the early first week as he is now a lower-ranked player. Murray said: "When I get to the Australian Open I won’t be seeded, I’m ranked around 120 in the world right now. I could play [Roger] Federer in the first round, or [Novak] Djokovic, I wouldn’t be expecting myself to win that match in a first best of five back. I have no idea what to expect result wise, but what would be positive for me would be playing through a best-of-five match without having a problem with my hip.

“I haven’t played a best-of-five match since I had the operation", continued Murray. "A good result would be that I can play a best-of-five-set match and have no ill effects from that with my hip. That would be a huge step and a really positive thing for me. That means I’d be able to compete and hopefully do well at the grand slams in the future, which is what I would like to do."

On the documentary about his hip injury, Murray concluded: "What was nice about the film was that I got to see what that would look like. After I had my second operation I got to see that without tennis I can be pain-free and happy and have a great life. That’s something I’ve been worried about these last few years – what to do with myself. I've been playing tennis since I was really young – my whole adult life. I still don’t know exactly what I’ll do but I have a few more interests now."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35QRaLe

No comments