Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev awarded as the Russian tennis player of the year

Daniil Medvedev was awarded as the Russian tennis player of the year. The Davis Cup team was named the best team of the year having lost to Canada in the Davis Cup semifinals. Russia's tennis chief Shamil Tarpischev said: "The season was pretty good overall, for the guys, it was just great. With a good performance in the Davis Cup and the single success of players from the national team. The girls had an average year."

Caroline Wozniacki is unsure whether playing or not in 2020. The Dane, speaking to Sport TV, said: "I do not know if I will keep playing, it's something I have to think deeply. I want to spend a nice time with my family. Whatever I decide, it was an amazing journey. It's clear that winning a Grand Slam or being world No. 1 were enormous achievements for a tennis player but, personally, I do not think there is something bigger than being Denmark's main figure. In this case, being the flagbearer at the Olympic Games. It's something great, something I will always remember with a smile and a lot of proudness. It's something I hope to show my kids one day. There are many people who thought I was crazy in saying that one day I would become the number one in the world, it's not something we are used to in Denmark."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OMujLi

No comments