Breaking News

Elina Svitolina: 'Boyfriend Gael Monfils has basically no holidays'

In an interview to Btu the Ukrainian player Elina Svitolina spoke about possibly playing the Laver Cup if WTA joins the event. Svitolina admitted she would love to do it although the calendar is packed. "I like the idea of organizing team competitions. But the season is very long. I spoke about it with Gael Monfils (her boyfriend). He basically doesn't have holidays. I enjoyed an almost one-month holiday and he had free time only once Davis Cup ended. I do not envy him", admitted Svitolina.

Meanwhile Jack Sock got engaged to his longtime girlfriend. The American player announced the news through the social media channels.

Sock is not having his best time as a tennis player as he has no rankings position at the moment. In a recent press conference he reflected on his tough season where he probably had his best week at the Laver Cup in Geneva defeating Fabio Fognini in singles scoring a win for the Team World: "It's been a long road back. I'm sure everyone here is surprised I won a singles match. It's been a while. Yeah, I had thumb surgery in February. I was out for almost six months with it. Yeah, it's been a few tournaments this year, a few matches this year. But for some reason, Laver Cup seems to bring the best tennis out of pretty much everyone here. It's always some pretty incredible matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Ykkebq

No comments