Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is a leader but Spanish team needs to be credited for success - Muguruza

In an interview to Efe Garbine Muguruza commented on Spain winning the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid last month. Muguruza said. "Rafael Nadal is a leader but it's a team competition and you need to credit everyone for the success."

Muguruza also spoke about her French language skills: "I have been living already for almost four years in Switzerland in the French part, and I have, for a long time also, have on my team my trainer, is French, and my coach, as well. So I guess it's now or never."

Also the former world No. 2 Alex Corretja praised Nadal: "I am the first to be surprised, I made an effort in tennis, I never imagined that they would award me for it. For me it's great that people of every age starts understanding tennis thank to me." On the Davis Cup the Spaniard added: "Everything happened. We had five players and knowing you can count on each of them anytime is very important for the captain Sergi Bruguera. It has been a strong week of tennis, Gerard Pique looked for it, two years ago he told me he wanted to change the Davis Cup and he managed to do it. Definitely the fact that it took place in Madrid and that Rafael Nadal was successfully helped."

On getting recognized for his career, Corretja added: "It's safe that I played tennis, and you appreciate all the praises you get. I was lucky to coincide in Rafa's era. Thank to him, we are great too. He wins and the whole Spanish tennis wins."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2DPtlrd

No comments