Breaking News

Roger Federer: '2003 Wimbledon will always be my most special win'

What is the most special title Roger Federer has ever won in his career? The Swiss opened up when asked about this question. Federer said: "A big, big goal of mine which I was able to achieve was to become world No. 1 because that's not something that you do just in one week or two weeks. It's something you have to train for and work hard for an entire year you have to probably win 60 to 80 matches, you have to play solid and great for so long and he physically in shape, mentally ready to go, you have to travel, you have to do all. And then, of course, Wimbledon in 2003, the first one, is always gonna for some reason stay the most unique one."

Federer was also asked about what his biggest childhood idols are. The world No. 3 named some of the greatest sportsmen. "My idol growing up was Michael Jordan, next to Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg. But Michael Jordan was my big idol. Of course, Mohammed Ali has been doing incredible things, as well as Tiger Woods. They all did great things and they were people I looked up to, they are inspirations, seeing that they performed at the highest level for a long time, doing things that are not that normal."

Federer concluded: "I try to be a role model for the kids growing up, I hope I can inspire them also do sport which I think is very healthy. If you choose tennis, even better, because It's a great sport, great learning to education because we have a lot of respect for the opponents."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OMoFZv

No comments