Breaking News

Novak Djokovic jokes: "I want to go unbeaten in the whole season"

After the Australian Open, Novak Djokovic decided to participate in the ATP 500 tournament in Dubai where he arrived in the final after having canceled three match points in the semifinal against Gael Monfils (fifteenth game won by Nole in his career by saving the match point). In the final he beat Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-3 6-4. "Nole" confirmed his unbeaten run in 2020 with a balance of 18 wins and zero losses.

In 2011 the Serbian champion won ten tournaments, including Grand Slam tournament victories at the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. Djokovic also captured a record-breaking five ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles, and set a new record for the most prize money won in a single season on the ATP World Tour ($12 million).

“Well, one of the targets is to go unbeaten in the whole season. No, I’m kidding..” Novak laughed. “I’m trying to embrace the moment and appreciate where I am,” Djokovic reflected after his victory in Dubai. “I think this has been one of the best starts of all the seasons I had in my career.

I feel great on the court. I’ve been playing great tennis on the hard courts. That is my most successful and preferred surface. I’m just grateful that I’m playing well, feeling well. I’ve won many matches now in a row. I’ll try to keep that run going. It’s just way too early to speak about how long that run might go, the calculations. I try not to think about predictions. I try to focus on what I need to do with myself and my team in order to thrive every day, in order to try to play as best as I can every single match. That’s the main focus."

 

from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2IblFly

No comments