Breaking News

Taylor Fritz: Rafael Nadal showed me why he is one of best players ever

Rising American star Taylor Fritz dropped a major praise on Rafael Nadal after losing to the top-seeded Spaniard in the Acapulco final. 

Nadal, ranked at No. 2 in the world, claimed his first Acapulco title since the event switched to hard after beating world No. 35 Fritz 6-3 6-2. 

The Spaniard broke Fritz once in the first set, twice in the second set and never lost his serve en route to collecting his third Acapulco title. 

"He’s one of the best players to ever play the game and he showed me why that is tonight,” Fritz said of Nadal, via the ATP Tour. 

The 22-year-old American returned to Acapulco this year for the first time since 2017 and made his third appearance at the tournament. 

Former world No. 25 Fritz made the Acapulco quarterfinal in his debut four years ago, before losing in the first round a year later. 

"This is one of my favourite tournaments to come to every year. I’m just glad that I could have a good week at one of my favourite events. I felt a lot of love all week," Fritz said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Id07Vz

No comments