Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: "I want to be remembered as someone who left a good example"

Rafael Nadal returned to the victory of an Atp tournament at the Mexican Open in Acapulco, a tournament that saw the Spaniard triumph for the third time, but the first on hard court. The number 2 in the world has literally dominated in Acapulco, where he hasn't lost a single set.

Thanks to this victory, the 19-time Grand Slam champion joins the club of tennis players who have won over 100 ATP tournaments in all categories. In fact, it should be noted that Nadal has won 85 tournaments in singles while the other 16 tournaments come from doubles, mixed and Davis Cup.

In Majors, Nadal has won a record twelve French Open titles, four US Open titles, two Wimbledon titles and one Australian Open title, and won at least one Grand Slam every year for a record ten consecutive years.

During a recent interview, the former World number 1 revealed his desire to leave a lasting legacy: “In the future, I do not want to be remembered as a tennis player who won numerous titles, but to have left a good example for boys and girls,” he said. “This is my only objective, then winning or losing is part of the sport in general. If one thing I wish I could say that I have done well is that I have transmitted positive things on and off a track and that makes me very satisfied on my part.” Nadal will return to the court in Indian Wells and Miami before his beloved red clay.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2VM6s26

No comments