Breaking News

Coco Gauff reveals her short-term goals

Coco Gauff is not a girl like any other. We have understood this in the last two years thanks to what he showed on the tennis courts, at just sixteen. But not even his sensitivity and his depth of thought are equal to the average, as demonstrated in a long letter published on the website 'Behind The Racquet', the platform created by Noah Rubin that allows tennis stars to freely tell parts of their life unknown to most. In its exceptional nature, Gauff's revelations are totally understandable.

The American made her WTA Tour debut in March 2019 at the Miami Open and won her opening match. She received a wild card into the qualifying draw at the 2019 Wimbledon Championships where she became the youngest player in the tournament's history to qualify for the main draw. She reached the fourth round of the event, and each of her matches was the most-watched of the day in the United States. Gauff would later reach the third round of the 2019 US Open, and the fourth round of the 2020 Australian Open.

“My short-term goal is to improve. I mean, that’s the main thing. I’m doing well right now at 15. I still have so much I feel like I can get better on. Even my parents, my team, they all believe I can get better,” Coco Gauff said. She is one of the promising players in the USA, it’s safe to say, American tennis has a bright future on the WTA track.

“I don’t even think this is close to a peak for me, even though I’m doing well right now. Yeah, the goal is just really to get better, you know, have these good runs at tournaments, building up my experience and playing more tournaments just so I can be ready for matches,” she added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2yK4WEg

No comments