Breaking News

French Open Doubles Champ Kevin Krawietz Takes Up Job at Discount Store

Reigning French Open doubles champion Kevin Kraweitz says he has been working at a discount store for the past few weeks during the tennis shutdown.

The 28 year old German, who won the French Open doubles title last year with Andreas Mies, said in an interview to Spiegel said, "For a few weeks now I've been working at a discount store on a 450 euro basis. I stock shelves in and out with a buddy, see that the sausage and cheese are filled, sort out empty boxes, we call that boxing. Last week I did security in front of the entrance, sprayed the shopping trolley with disinfectant."

Kraweitz says that he had had been planning to look for a regular job for a while now and the current shutdown provided him an opportunity to do the same. "I had been planning to take a look at a normal job for a long time. Through Corona I now have the opportunity to do so."

The German, who is ranked No. 13 in the world rankings, says that he has received a special permit to being his training as he is a professional athlete. "As a professional, thanks to a special permit, I can train in a tennis hall, because I play three or four times a week. Otherwise, I bought inline skates, which I use to drive up and down the Munich Nymphenburg Canal."

Kraweitz was ranked as high as No. 7 in the doubles rankings last year.

British tennis star Naomi Broady had also said in another interview that she had been considering taking up a supermarket job during the lockdown.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3bIFpK7

No comments