Breaking News

Grigor Dimitrov Joins Venus Williams for a Workout Session on Instagram Live

2017 Nitto ATP Finals champion Grigor Dimitrov joined former World No. 1 Venus Williams for a special workout session  on Instagram on Tuesday.

The tennis champions did several exercises for fans to follow from home while they worked out - including skipping ropes and footwork drills.

The two also spoke about life during the tennis shutdown and Dimitrov said he has been missing playing tennis during the quarantine period. 

Dimitrov commented, “Life on the west coast is pretty good. Making the most that we can out of the situation. Enjoying the early mornings and a little bit of workouts as well. [I miss it] a lot. I know it’s not easy. It’s been quite a few days that you’ve been away from the court. You just want to step on [to a court] and try some things that you have worked on. But at the end of the day you’ve got to make the most out of it and try to focus on all the positivity. We’re all in this together and I think it’s just going to make us stronger and look at things a little bit different. I think it puts everything in perspective from now on. I’ve been doing a lot of runs lately, to be honest, every time we go out. Doing a lot of shoulder prevention exercises. Working on little specific drills that I like to keep my feet activated. Just small details that we often neglect, especially when we’re competing throughout all the weeks. Now is the time that you can really emphasise on those things. We have a few exercises to show the fans. I’m sure we’re going to do something nice.”

Venus also asked Dimitrov about the two playing mixed doubles together to which the Bulgarian replied. “Oh great, thanks. We should definitely do that. I’d be happy and excited to do this for sure. I’ve played I think a couple of times and for some reason I have a hard time hitting against the girl.”

Williams responded, "We’re not going to play if you’re not going to play full out."

And much to the delight of Dimitrov's fans, Williams also asked the Bulgarian about his six packs. 

“Can show us the sample, and the kind of result we would expect? We were talking about the body results.” 

While Dimitrov was hesitant initially saying he was not in shape, he did later show his abs to the fans on the Insta live session to which Williams hooted and responded, "You are in great shape, I can’t show off my six-pack abs since I don’t have any.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XtS0wz

No comments