Breaking News

Roddick: "Roger Federer did this to me for 12 years"

Anyone who has faced Roger Federer knows all his infinite arsenal of shots. Andy Roddick knows something about it, who managed to beat the 20-time Slam champion in only three of their 24 matches. Federer has had to cash out the cancellation of Wimbledon, which will not take place for the first time since 1945, with enormous regret.

The 38-year-old from Basel will have to postpone his last assault on the Olympic gold medal in the singles for a year, given that the review Tokyo was delayed for twelve months. The fate of the US Open and Roland Garros should also be known by June.

On Tennis Channel, Andy Roddick talked about what Roger Federer would do on his second serve. “Against Roger, I would try to run around his second serve. And he would pull the string and do a slice cut serve. I guess I was quarter of a second early and for 12 years he just kept doing this to me.

He would keep his eyes on me for a longer time than most players to see where I was moving" - he said. “So after some time, somehow this trick got leaked and I realized what I was doing wrong. In the last few matches, we played I was cranking second-serve returns. And Roger gave me a look that said, ‘oh, you know now" - the former World number 1 added.

The two met 24 times in official Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) matches, and Federer led 21–3, making Roddick the player with the third-most tournament defeats to Federer in the ATP circuit (Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka have lost to Federer on 23 occasions, but Djokovic currently holds a positive record against him). In terms of number of matches played, it ranks as the 14th largest rivalry in the Open Era.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2yqZYMu

No comments