Breaking News

Samantha Stosur: "It's time to accept it and find other tasks to fill our days"

Samantha Stosur, who is currently occupying the 97th place in the WTA rankings, has been around on the professional Tour long enough to know that nothing will be the same when the action resumes. 

“I probably appreciate tennis more now than when I was young,” the Australian told Barbara Schett during an Instagram Live with Eurosport.  “When you're younger you just do that, you go out and play, you don't know or do anything different. Having the experience is excellent, but it is a double-edged sword. The coronavirus will probably make us all value differently all the activities we carry out during the rest of the year.”

Stosur has recently celebrated her 36th birthday, and it is the first time in her 18 years spent as a professional player that she has done so in Australia. This, to her, is one more hint that life will not be back as we knew it before the pandemic - not in the short term at least.

"I don't know [what’s going to happen], but I think everything is going to be very difficult. Everyone has to be under control before we can start traveling again, something I don't think can be achieved in the short or medium term. I hope so, obviously, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. We will probably continue like this for a while, so it’s time to accept it and find other tasks to fill our days.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3enaV2d

No comments