Breaking News

Jeremy Chardy recalls fatherhood memory with Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant, one of the greatest basketball legends, died in an accident on his private helicopter that caught fire in Calabasas, Los Angeles County, California. For twenty years he has remained a symbol of the Los Angeles Lakers who have retired the two shirts with which he played, the 8 and the 24: an honor that had never been reserved for anyone in the history of the franchise. In a recent talk with the WTA, French tennis player Jeremy Chardy recalled a memory with Kobe Bryant when he met with him at the US Open. 

Chardy on Kobe Bryant

“It’s true, My wife Susan talked to him about the baby, the gender and everything. I was in the player lounge and he came up to me and said, ‘congrats man’. I really didn’t understand why because I didn’t know him. And I also lost my match so I was a bit confused. I talked to him and he said, ‘you have a chance because you have a boy. I have only girls and I would love to see a boy" - Jeremy Chardy recalled. Meanwhile, Nick Kyrgios is missing his idol during the quarantine. He uploaded a story wherein he had written – “Miss you Kobe”. The story also had a video that compared Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. The Australian was one of the first sports stars to send a heartwarming message to Kobe. He warmed up for his match at the Australian Open wearing the jersey of the basketball legend. Last year, Bryant spent time talking tennis and watching it in New York when he came to Tennis Channel's set with Jon Wertheim, and was spotted in Osaka's player box for her second-round win. "She’s one of the players I sent the book to first and foremost," Bryant said. "She enjoyed the read. We got together out in Newport Beach and did some promos with it." Kobe and the world No. 1 have a bit of a budding friendship. "I know Kobe," Osaka said. "Everybody knows Kobe gives me real-life advice. He's someone I look up to as an athlete and also as a person. I'm really grateful that I even have the opportunity to talk to him and stuff." The world is definitely going to miss Kobe as he gave so much to not just basketball but to sports in general. And now that the NBA and the tennis season are going to restart soon, people will miss him even more.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/31a4WK6

No comments