Breaking News

Tsitsipas: 'First time with Roger Federer it was like unbelievable'

Much is expected of Stefanos Tsitsipas when the ATP circuit resumes in mid-August with the Washington tournament. The young Greek talent, who won the last edition of the Nitto ATP Finals, has not yet managed to place the high pitch in a Grand Slam tournament, remedying a series of early eliminations after the semifinal reached at the Australian Open in 2019. Despite having only 21 years, 'Tsitsi' has already taken the whim to beat Roger Federer twice, respectively in Melbourne 2019 and the Finals in London (the Swiss Maestro won in Dubai and Basel). During a meeting with a group called 'Yes Fam', the current World number 6 recounted his first training session with the 20-time Grand Slam champion.

Tsitsipas on Roger Federer

“First time it was like unbelievable. I thought I was dreaming, honestly. But as more you play with him, the more normal it seems but at the same time it can’t seem normal(sic) because it’s Roger Federer, it’s not any other player" - Stefanos Tsitsipas said. “Expressing myself more. I spent a lot of time with him during the Laver Cup in September and I learned a lot of things from him. Even the way you carry yourself, the way you speak, the way you think, you can pass this to someone else. I felt really inspired" - he added. Roger has announced that he will be out of action after undergoing another arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. In a tweet, Federer said that he expects to be back in action at the start of 2021 season. “A few weeks ago, having experienced a setback during my initial rehabilitation, I had to have an additional quick arthroscopic procedure on my right knee,” he posted. “Now, much like I did leading up to the 2017 season, I plan to take the necessary time to be 100% ready to play at my highest level. I will look forward to seeing everyone back on tour at the start of the 2021 season.” Rafael Nadal can draw level with Federer on 20 Grand Slam titles if he successfully defends his trophy at this year's French Open, seeking to win four in a row at Roland Garros for the third time in his career. The Spaniard won five successive majors in Paris between 2010 and 2014. Both the Mutua Madrid Open and Internazionali BNL d'Italia, ATP Masters 1000 events will take place in September with Roland Garros starting in Paris on September 27.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2BTbthE

No comments