Breaking News

Alexander Zverev strongly denies domestic violence accusations made by ex-girlfriend

Top-ranked German tennis player Alexander Zverev has confirmed that he is expecting a baby with his ex-girlfriend Brenda Patea and also strongly denied the domestic violence accusations made by his another ex-girlfriend, Olga Sharypova. 

On Wednesday, Zverev's ex-girlfriend Patea announced she's 20 weeks pregnant.

"I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I am expecting a child from Alex," Patea told Gala. "There was a crisis before because we have different views on life. Anyone who lives by the side of an athlete has to submit."

A day later, Zverev confirmed the news.

"The last days were quite challenging for me.  I will be a father at age 23. And I am very much looking forward to the child. Even though Brenda and I are no longer together, we have a good relationship and I will love up to my responsibility as a father. Together we will take care of the little person that is about to grow. But I don't want to say more in public about his private subject. I'm sure that Brenda and I can manage it without the media involved," Zverev said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.

But Zverev strongly denied the accusations made by Sharypova 

Hours after Patea announced she's carrying Zverev's baby, Sharypova came out and accused the German tennis star of domestic violence. 

In an interview with Russian website Campionat, Sharypova claimed Zverev abused her throughout the relationship and it all escalated at last year's US Open. 

"I was scared and wanted to run away. But Sasha pushed me against the wall and said that he would get nothing for it. And that no one cares about me, no matter what he does to me," Sharypova claimed. 

Sharypova's claims drew lots of attention and on Thursday night Zverev released a statement, strongly denying the accusations made against him. 

"Then, there are the unfounded accusations my ex-girlfriend Olga Sharypova, whch I read in the media today. They make me very sad. We have known each other since we were children and shared many experiences together. I very much regret that she makes such statements. Because the accusations are simply not true. We had a relationship, but it ended a long time ago. Why Olga is making these accusations now, I just don't know. I really hope that the two of us will find a way to deal with each other again in a reasonable and respectful way," Zverev added. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3kSyGlm

No comments