Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'I do not play for money'

In an interview with L'Equipe, Novak Djokovic was asked if he enjoys himself playing tennis. The Serbian player replied: "If I did not, I would not play anymore. Tennis is my biggest ally and my biggest opponent. It's on the tennis court that I experience all the ups and downs of my person. Sometimes I lose control, I scream, I throw my racket. But I also show positive emotions. I really enjoy being on the court because it allows me to grow. Maybe it sounds like a cliché and you think I actually want to win titles or it's my job. I do not have an obligation. I do not play for money. My goal on the court is to grow up and be able to improve myself."

On his off-court interests, Djokovic added: "I am interested in many things in life, music, history, etc. Learning, learning, learning... It's essential. Tennis is, with my family, the most important thing. It's on the court that I spend most of my time. But it's not the only thing in life. I want to grow. There are so many other things to discover."

In an interview, the former world No. 1 Ilie Nastase said rules should be stricter versus a player who took banned substances. "It's good that André Agassi admitted he took a drug, nice. If I were the International Tennis Federation, I would remove all his titles. He took a drug, goodbye! All the titles again! And Maria Sharapova, too." The Russian took Meldonium in 2016 receiving a 15-month doping ban.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UMYIJ8

No comments