Breaking News

Alexander Zverev's ex-girlfriend expecting baby with German tennis star

Alexander Zverev's ex-girlfriend Brenda Patea revealed in an interview with Gala that she is expecting a baby with the top-ranked German tennis player. 

Zverev, who made his maiden Grand Slam final at this past US Open, split with Patea and now his ex-girlfriend has no intention to share the custody with the former world No. 3. 

Also, Patea claimed she's 20 weeks pregnant and she and Zverev have no contact with each other. 

"I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I am expecting a child from Alex," Patea told Gala. "There was a crisis before because we have different views on life. Anyone who lives by the side of an athlete has to submit.

"That is out of the question for me. The child was not planned, but I will do everything to ensure that it grows up in a harmonious environment. I am in the fortunate position of being able to raise the child by myself."

It has been a great few weeks on the court for Zverev 

Zverev is coming off back-to-back titles captured in front of his home fans in Cologne. 

This past Sunday, Zverev claimed a Cologne double after beating Diego Schwartzman in the Cologne 2 final. 

"I know in finals you have to play your best tennis to have a chance, so obviously [I am] extremely happy with my performance. Probably the best match of the past two weeks here. Diego is someone that you can really struggle with. He is somebody who doesn't miss from the baseline," Zverev said. "You really have to win the match against him and I felt like that's what I did." 

"Being back in Germany is obviously amazing. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season."

Zverev was extremely happy with the way he performed against Schwartzman.

"Today was a day when I felt like I could try things out on the court and a lot of things were working," Zverev added. "I'm obviously very happy with how I played."

Schwartzman gave credit to Zverev for his performance and admitted the German deserved the title.

"Sascha was much better today,” Schwartzman said. “He deserved to win last week here and today he was perfect on court.”

After two exceptional weeks, Zverev is taking a week off. 

Zverev, who made it all the way at the Nitto ATP Finals in 2018, would certainly love to once again win it all at The O2 Arena this year. 

It remains to be seen if the latest news regarding his personal life will affect his on-court performance.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3ou8srT

No comments