Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'I thought that at 30 I would be kaput'

Rafael Nadal has experienced a particular season, made even more difficult by the outbreak of the Coronavirus in Spain. The lockdown basically prevented the Majorcan from training for over two months, causing him to miss the trip to the United States where he was supposed to defend the title at the US Open. The former world number 1 has focused all his energy on Roland Garros, which was postponed at the end of September after the controversial decision of the FFT. By winning the Paris Grand Slam for the 13th time in his career, the 34-year-old Spaniard equaled Roger Federer's all-time record and reignited the debate about his greatest ever. In a recent interview with Bertin Osborne on the television program 'Mi casa es la tuya', Nadal shared some unpublished details about his private life. Rafa moved his longtime girlfriend Maria Francisca Perello in October 2019 after 15 years of relationship. Xisca, who plays the role of director of the Rafa Nadal Foundation, does not accompany him around the world every week, but is always present in the most important tournaments.

Rafael Nadal's friends reveal his one character flaw

"I've known her since I was very young. Her name is María Francisca, but I call her Mery. I only call her María Francisca when we argue. But we never argue. She is very calm," Nadal said. Rafael Nadal went on to explain that his wife was able to manage the lockdown in Spain earlier this year better than him, due to her fixed office routine. The 34-year-old also spoke about his desire to have children once he retires. "She better than me (the lockdown). She was working her office hours because she is the director of this (Rafa Nadal) foundation... And of course, with so much confinement, there was a lot of work at the foundation to do and give away stuff. I could only do a little physical exercise from the house and we live in an apartment," Nadal added. "I trust so (I'm going to have them). I love children. But there is a problem. I thought we will have children, well, when I retire. But of course, I thought that at 30 I would be 'kaput' , but the career has been extending," the Spaniard went on. The one thing that his friends did reveal is that Rafael Nadal is not great when it comes to punctuality in his personal life. Nadal admitted the same and revealed that he got payback on his wedding day. "At the wedding, I got it back by 20. Tired of waiting (for me in the past), I think that day they said 'Now you are going to wait'," Nadal joked. Rafa did not go beyond the semi-final in Paris-Bercy, missing the opportunity to grab one of the very few trophies missing from his showcase.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2IkD8vl

No comments