Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'If I have an important point to play, it would be with...'

Considered one of the strongest tennis players ever, the Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal has won 86 titles on the ATP circuit and is in fourth place in the Open era. Eighty-four of these tournaments were won outdoors and only two arrived indoors with Rafa always struggling with these particular conditions. The only indoor hardcourt title for Rafael Nadal came in Madrid 2005 where the Majorcan took the victory in an epic and heart-pounding final with the now former Croatian tennis player Ivan Ljubicic (now coach of Swiss champion Roger Federer). Waiting for the year-end Finals, Rafael Nadal has been waiting for this indoor victory for over a decade and once again he has been unable to break this curse on French hardcourt. Rafael Nadal took part in a Q&A with fans during the Rolex Paris Masters a few days ago. Nadal spoke about his go-to shot in a match, and also about how he keeps his motivation high even after so many years.

Nadal on how he keeps his motivation high

"In terms of my tennis career, the dream is to just keep going and to make sure that I am happy to do it and that I am competitive," Rafael Nadal stated. "So my goal is to just keep going. And in terms of life, there are plenty of things to come hopefully. Of course, I want to create a family. There are a lot of experiences to come after tennis I am sure, so I am excited about what's going on." Nadal was also asked what his favorite shot was, and the Spaniard replied that he depended on his forehand when it came to an important point in a match. "I like the forehand. Not the serve even though I am serving better these days. I honestly don't have a favorite shot but if I have to say, then it's the forehand because if I have an important point to play, it would be with the forehand," Rafael Nadal said. The southpaw was asked by one fan how he continues to remain motivated despite having been on the tour for more than a decade and a half. "Well, I love what I am doing. I don't understand the sport any other way," Nadal responded. "I just try to give my best every single day to give myself chances in every match, to fight until the end. In our sport, if you are there, you will always have the chance to change the score. I don't know if I do it better than everybody. I just try to do my best all the time. It's my vision of the sport and it will stay that way until the end of my career. And if for some reason, some day, I don't feel this passion, the fighting spirit, it will be the day to say goodbye and do something else," he added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3pcMfPj

No comments