Breaking News

'I respect Roger Federer, Nadal, Djokovic a lot but...', says French ace

2020 is yet to end, but preparations for the new season continue and are proceeding meticulously. The organizers absolutely do not want Covid-19 to affect the tournament and the goal is for no one to contract the virus. The first obstacle is being able to get the tennis players inside the bubble as safely as possible. Safety is a key issue and the Australian Open will offer charter flights to some of the players. Airlines all over the world are putting into practice the various protocols so that there is maximum safety for their passengers but there is always a small risk and the organizers of the Australian Open want to avoid this possibility at all costs. Brand colleagues recently published an update on how these charter flights work. Tennis Australia has established a particular partnership with an international travel agency that will allow athletes to land in Melbourne via charter flights. Tennis players will have to specify some details about their trip and Tennis Australia will provide them with a document where they will have to indicate their preferences. The obligatory dates, reminds the Iberian newspaper, for their arrival are January 15th and 16th so that the athletes will train during the 14 days of quarantine. Athletes must specify what needs they have during the flight, what room they want and if they are on a particular diet so that certain foods can be included. Tennis players can either decide to go solo or in a group and Tennis Australia will provide all changes and cover travel expenses so that the player is on time for the event. If a tennis player wishes to choose a different mode of travel and alone Tennis Australia will offer them a total sum of 7,000 Australian dollars (5324 dollars). The Australian Open 2021 will begin on February 8th but the world of tennis and all fans are eagerly awaiting the start of this tournament. Last year to win the tournament was the world number 1 Novak Djokovic who managed to get the better of the Austrian Dominic Thiem in the final. In a recent interview with the Racquet magazine, Benoit Paire recently talked at length about the Big 3 of men's tennis - Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. Paire claimed he is amazed by the dedication and motivation of the Big 3, and admitted he could never be the same way.

Paire on the Big 3

"I admire them (Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic) enormously, but I will never be like them," Benoit Paire said. "That doesn’t stop me from considering myself a champion. I was 18th in the world, I’ve been in the top 100 for 10 years, and I have three ATP titles: that’s a perfectly good career. Besides, my ex would tell me often enough: 'You’re a champion. You play in the biggest tournaments in the world, against the best players in the world'." Paire even joked that if he himself ever won Roland Garros, he would end his season right there. "I respect them a lot and I think what they do and how invested they are is amazing," Paire said. "But damn, when I see Rafa win the French and two days later he’s training at Queen’s for the grass-court season… It’s a different world! If I won the French I don’t know if I’d go to Queen’s or even to Wimbledon. Actually, I think I’d end my season there! They are champions. Without them, tennis wouldn’t be where it is today."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3nC9L6Z

No comments