Breaking News

Maria Sharapova: "This is how I became a better tennis player"

In the history of tennis, very few tennis players have managed to get the Career Grand Slam, thus achieving an extraordinary result. To be precise, ten tennis players have reached this milestone and the last in chronological order was the Russian Maria Sharapova, certainly among the most influential women in sports of this entire century.

Masha was number one in the WTA ranking on five different occasions, for a total of 21 weeks, becoming the first Russian tennis player in history to reach that milestone. She became number one for the first time at 18 years-old on 22 August 2005, more than a year after winning her first Grand Slam at Wimbledon, and for the last time in July 2012. On 26 February 2020, through two interviews with magazines Vanity Fair and Vogue, Sharapova announced her retirement from professional tennis at 32 years-old.

Sharapova's success is the result of training and hard work that Maria has carried out over the years. During the podcast with Porsche, the Siberian talked in detail about her tennis career and she shared her passion by stating that her goal was to become a better tennis player every day.

Maria Sharapova's words about her career

During the interview, the former number one in the world said: "I was very lucky to have found my greatest and true passion from an early age, I found myself in a role that I enjoyed and loved doing since childhood, in the end I liked waking up early in the morning and training to become a better tennis player. I was only interested in tennis, I didn't know exactly what success was."

Throughout her career Sharapova has followed her role as a tennis player with precision and ethics and these are the things that made her a champion. About she said: "I realized that the more I did something the more I could improve. It might seem boring as a thing, but in hindsight I liked the work ethic. I loved my passion as a tennis player to become a champion."

Then Maria recalled: "I knew that if I had kept the trophy above my head it would be a good feeling. I have carried on this for many years and have loved this sport from the smallest moments such as training moments with my fatheron the court. These moments throughout the career appear as unnoticed, but those are the most cherished moments I always think about."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37tyKCI

No comments