Breaking News

Viktor Troicki on Melbourne quarantine: If I knew, I would not have come

Troicki, now ranked at No. 202 in the world, won three qualifying matches in the Australian Open men’s qualifying event that was staged in Doha to earn a place in the main draw. 

A total of 72 players were placed in a strict quarantine ahead of the Australian Open in Melbourne. 

Troicki, who has never made it past the third round at Melbourne Park, is not happy that he can’t practice. 

"If I knew, I wouldn’t come," Troicki told Sportski Zurnal, as revealed on Tennis Now.

“Total chaos, horror as far as everything is concerned. I'm locked up for 14 days, I can't leave the room. No training, nothing. My Grand Slam is failing, I can't get ready for five sets in the room.”

“All preparations are failing. Two weeks of lying in bed, it is certain that I will have to get back in shape for the next month and a half. All this is creating chaos in my career.”

Novak Djokovic tried to help Troicki and others 

World No. 1 Djokovic made a list of suggestions, calling for the Victoria Government to loosen quarantine restrictions for the players. 

Unfortunately for Djokovic and the players quarantined in Melbourne, the Serb’s suggestions were bluntly rejected by Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews.

"There were a few suggestions and ideas that I gathered from other players from our chat group and there was no harm intended to try and help. I was aware that the chances were low that any of our suggestions would be accepted. just like my request to quarantine with my team in Melbourne instead of Adelaide, was denied prior to our travel, because of the strict government regulations. Since I could not be with other players in Melbourne, I made myself available to them if needed," Djokovic said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3sOGqcK

No comments