Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I want to travel around the world with my family once I..'

The 20-time Major champion Roger Federer is still eager to show his best tennis a couple of months before turning 40. The Swiss Maestro has played only three tournaments since the start of 2020, suffering a knee injury at the beginning of the previous year and undergoing surgeries in February and May. Roger will return to the court at Roland Garros next week, hoping to gain momentum and confidence ahead of Halle and Wimbledon, where he wants to play at his best. Roger doesn't think about retirement, wishing for a few more good years on the Tour before leaving his beloved sport and heading straight into legends.

At the end of 2018, Roger arrived in Perth for the Hopman Cup, seeking another good season after winning his 20th Major crown at the Australian Open 2018 and becoming world no. 1 again in February. In the year's closing stages, Roger visited the Nambung National Park and the famous Pinnacles for the first time, enjoying with his kids on the beautiful beach and holding a live western rock lobster. Roger expressed his passion for traveling and revealed that he plans to go around the world with his family once he retires, aiming to explore Western Australia more and visit the countries where he never was before.

Roger Federer shared what he wants to do once he retires.

"I think with my age, people know that if I did something extraordinary, that would be amazing. If that didn't happen, maybe it's logical you can't produce that tennis every year. You also maybe need a bit of luck and the draw to fall your way. A lot of things need to happen to win a Major. I hope that it will be the start of a great season for me because the last two seasons have been crazy good. I'm thrilled with how the off-season went. The last three or four weeks have been very intense. I'm very excited and motivated for this next season.

We'll probably play it down a bit and say it's not that big of a deal for both Serena and me, it's just another tennis match, but it really isn't because it's probably going to happen once and never again. That's why I hope we're both going to be injury-free when that day comes around. Serena is a fantastic player, and I've watched her myself over the years. Now, it's not a match between just the two of us but also Belinda and Frances. I'm expecting it to be interesting. People don't know this about me, but I love road trips. It's a dream that when I retire, and my kids are a little older, I'll embark on these types of trips myself, not just in Western Australia but worldwide," Roger Federer said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3p01R9e

No comments