Breaking News

Wei-Ling Hsu: "I definitely never expected it"

Wei-Ling Hsu won her first LPGA Tour.

Wei-Ling Hsu, statements

“I don't know like what this win means for Taiwan, but I really hope that I can give them some positive thought and a good energy to believe something. You can always believe something and it will actually happen. I know people are against to virus right now, sports are shutdown, but there is something that the player or the people or the Taiwanese playing a different sport out, different country, they can still cheer for. I definitely never expected this. Like I said earlier this week, I was so tired. I didn't expect much. And definitely when I finished first round solo lead, I definitely thought about that, but the second round just knock me down a little bit because I had a 1-over par. I think this is the happiest thing ever, how my caddie cried and somehow I just cried so hard the last hole. But I feel happy and just happy".

The European Tour’s drive for inclusivity in golf continues with the announcement of the 2021 EDGA European Tour, which will take in four new tournaments for Golfers with Disability during the UK Swing, before the top eight players qualify for the EDGA Dubai Finale to be staged at the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai at Jumeirah Golf Estates in November.

In conjunction with the European Disabled Golf Association (EDGA) and as part of Golf For Good - the European Tour’s overarching Corporate Social Responsibility programme - 20 golfers taken from the World Rankings for Golfers with Disability (WR4GD) as of May 16, 2021, will have the opportunity to tackle the same course set-up as the European Tour professionals, with the new 36-hole tournaments taking place over the weekends of successive events in Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and England.

Each player will be invited to participate in two back-to-back tournaments – those ten players with even-numbered rankings will tee it up at the EDGA Wales Open at The Celtic Manor Resort from July 24-25, and the ISPS HANDA World Disability Invitational presented by Brendan Lawlor from July 31 – August 1 hosted at Massereene (Saturday) and Galgorm Castle (Sunday).

Lawlor, the first professional golfer with a disability to play a European Tour event, has made a huge impact globally on the disabled golfers’ circuit, including winning the inaugural EDGA Scottish Open in 2019, and now the Irishman will host this year’s EDGA tournament in Northern Ireland.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3vtZi1s

No comments