Breaking News

Ahead of training with Roger Federer, Tsitsipas gets amazing ATP Award

Stefanos Tsitsipas was awarded the ATP Most Improved Player of the year 2018 award at the NextGen ATP Finals in London last month. The 20-year-old Greek player had an amazing season winning his maiden title at the Stockholm Open and reached Toronto, Barcelona finals losing to Rafael Nadal.

Speaking about the prize he received, Tsitsipas said: 'It's great. I didn't expect that. I had a fantastic year, but it was the last thing that was in my head. And when I finally saw it, I was happy that my name was there. So, yeah, really pleased holding that trophy. All the hard work, all the effort that I put into my game this year, it's part of this trophy. So yeah, it feels great.'

The Athens native is set to train with his childhood idol Roger Federer in December in Dubai. Tsitsipas and Federer already trained together at the Australian Open and Wimbledon, but they have never faced each other on the ATP Tour. In 2017 Wimbledon, Tsitsipas lost to Dusan Lajovic in the first round and Lajovic played Federer in the following match.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2PkuudH

No comments