Breaking News

My story is a very fortunate one, admits Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova feels happy and proud about her success in tennis. At just six years of age the Russian, with her father, moved from Russia to Florida where she would reside for the rest of her life. 'I think part of how you grow up and the experiences you had in your childhood certainly develop maybe your mentality and the way you think and the way you observe life and the position where you are today', said Sharapova. 'I'll always know where I came from and where I started and how I came to this position. It's a very fortunate story. Maybe some people that do the same things don't get the same results. It's always tough to see, and I consider myself very lucky that I am in this position today. I appreciate everything that I get. Sometimes it's extremely difficult to look at it that way, but you have to in order to keep going.'

Sharapova also gave her thoughts on countries like Russia and Uni'I've gotten to experience both countries extremely well. I formed my childhood memories in Russian. Although leaving at a very young age, I still have a lot of connection to my hometown, to all my relatives that live there. America has brought me a lot of opportunities and has helped me grow so much in my sport. At the time when I was young, it was quite difficult to become a very professional player. Tennis was not a very big sport when I was six or seven years old; therefore, we had to find different opportunities. In my case, it was America. I'm very thankful for all the people‑‑ although not all the coaches I worked with were American, my base was there and I still live there, yeah.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2SuaNlK

No comments