Breaking News

Alexander Zverev not a fan of new Australian Open rule: 'I don't like it'

Alexander Zverev did not like the Tennis Australia decision to introduce a fifth set tie-break at the Australian Open, which followed Wimbledon in the decision. Speaking in Perth, Zverev said: 'I don’t like the change too much because I think it adds something special when you go 12-10 in a fifth set. I really enjoy that kind of matches, even though they are physically tough.'

Zverev won his biggest title at the ATP Finals in London this year and he eyes a Grand Slam title in 2019: 'I have improved every year. I’m still quite young, I still have a lot of things to improve. I’m No.4 in the world now and I still feel like I have potential. The Australian Open is a grand slam and it’s a massive grand slam so obviously, we all want to do well here.'

Commenting on the possibility to see the Hopman Cup leaving the tennis calendar as the ATP Cup is introduced in January 2020, Zverev concluded: 'I actually don’t know what’s happening yet because it hasn’t been officially announced. I hope that this event continues in many different ways. If it stops I would still be happy to come here for the World Team Cup. I just love Perth and I love being here.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Sq1ovY

No comments