Breaking News

'Bertens can win a Major, there aren't players like Serena' Krajicek

In an interview to Telegraaf, the 1996 Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek commented on the best two players of the country, Robin Haase on the male side and Kiki Bertens on the female. 'It's not easy to predict how they will play next year', Krajicek admitted. 'I still feel that Robin can crack the top 30. I keep hoping, because it would be in line with his career. I am also convinced that Kiki can win a Grand Slam title. She has the level and at the moment there are not players of Serena Williams's calibre (in her best time) or Justine Henin. Kiki can play like she did in Cincinnati, where she played against the best in the world (Simona Halep). You never know with Kiki, because something can go wrong with her. But I really think she can make the next step. When you speak about Dutch tennis, this is obviously Kiki Bertens's year. The win in Cincinnati was the best for me, also because she defeated four top ten players. Now she is in the top 10 and a lot of credit needs to be given to Raemon Sluiter. He is the coach of the year for me.'

Meanwhile, Maria Sharapova commented on how it feels to be able to stand out in a job: 'It's a nice feeling to know you're really good at something. I don't know. It's a good self‑esteem booster because I'm not good at any other sports. I'm worthless at many other things, but I go out on the court and I feel like I'm really good at this. I've accomplished a lot, and why wouldn't I continue? Why wouldn't I want to get better and improve? It's something that I've done for a very long time and something that I feel, you know, there's still so many opportunities for me and things to achieve. Yeah, motivation‑wise that's never really an issue. It's more about, you know, obviously the shoulder has been a big part of my career and something that I've had to get through. But finding that motivation despite all that is not easy, easy, but you certainly have to work at it at times. I'm very privileged to do what I do, and I love it.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2BS0KBF

No comments