Breaking News

Everyone plays hard against me, says Serena Williams

Serena Williams believes she represents an extra motivation for opponents when they step on the court. The American always needs to perform at her best in order to have success. 'Everyone I play always plays me hard, so I feel like every match I play I literally have to be on my best, so for me I take a rival as every match, and I think that's one of the best ways to take it.'

Serena was also asked how tennis changed over the years: 'I have played so many people in different generations and different decades (laughter). But I feel like the style is similar, like, we have power hitters, the '90s and 2000 power hitters. And we had players that weren't so much power, but they were able to get the ball back and you have fast runners. I still feel it's like similar to that. I think obviously the level has gotten a lot more depth, but still, it's put a lot of similarities.'

Serena also spoke about her longevity: 'My longevity is very difficult to speak about. I don't know how it happened. I just know that as the years have grown I really have had a wonderful appreciation of the sport and I've really enjoyed being out there. Even the other day I was working out and I was like, Wow, this is so much fun. I just feel like my appreciation for tennis and everything that it takes to do everything has just changed throughout the years. The motivation is always there.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2zXX7bT

No comments