Breaking News

Grigor Dimitrov: 'Andre Agassi and I are ready to fight'

Grigor Dimitrov feels excited ahead of the 2019 season. The Bulgarian player has reached Brisbane after training for two weeks with the eight-time Grand Slam winner Andre Agassi. Speaking to the local media, Dimitrov revealed some of the things he worked on with Agassi: 'We are just ready. That is one of the main messages from Andre - we are ready to fight. We have done the work. It’s the best you can do and I have tried to give 100 per cent. Hopefully I can get some matches back to back in Brisbane.’

Agassi is not in Brisbane and he is set to join Dimitrov, who was the world no. 3 a year ago and who is currently ranked 19th, at the Australian Open. Dimitrov has a long route upwards since having lost form in the 2018 season, after a great 2017 season, for unexpected reasons. 

Meanwhile the former world no. 1 Andy Murray spoke about how it feels to compete against the best players in the world again: 'That’s one of the things I’ve missed from not playing, being able to compete against those guys. It’s what has always motivates me and driven me throughout my whole career. I’d love to play against some of the big guys - it’s tough. I’d rather play them late in the event, but I can’t pick and choose as I’m ranked no.250.’

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2BNdkAR

No comments