Breaking News

Hanescu: 'Roger Federer is also a champion off court'

The Romanian tennis player Victor Hanescu praised Roger Federer's humanity. Speaking to Liberta Tea website, Hanescu said: 'He is a very open, educated person. He says "hi" to everyone. To make an example, he says hi also to the cleaners. You cannot be angry if you get approached by him. He is a champion on the court, but off too.'

Hanescu faced Federer for the first time in 2004 February during the Davis Cup tie between Romania and Switzerland. 'He had just become the world No. 1 by winning the Australian Open. I remember to have lost a set after leading 4-2 in the tie-break or something like this', admitted Hanescu.

In 2004 Indian Wells, Hanescu lost in three sets: 'It was a special match for me. I played so well in the second set. I was sorry for not keeping the same level. I dropped.'

Hanescu earned more than $4 million career prize money tournaments: 'I consider myself as a very rich guy, first of all, because I am healthy, I have a family and I do what I like.. I have an amazing child and this is the biggest richness. Some people are poor, some people are rich, it depends on how you make the comparison. I have something to eat, I have a house and a car. I cannot say that I will not do anything for my entire life. Once I stop with tennis, I have to do something else.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rJj7CG

No comments