Breaking News

I do not see myself playing in five years, says del Potro

Juan Martin del Potro is relatively young considering that he has missed several tennis seasons due to injuries, and he has not set any definitive retirement plan yet. But in a recent interview, the 2009 US Open champion said: 'I see myself playing for a couple more years. In five years? I do not know. I will definitely be closer to Tandil.'

Del Potro said he will not play Davis Cup in the future: 'Now it's the time for the younger guys. Next year it will be a different format. That Cup was unique for me. That team stayed in history and the triumph made me stay calm.'

The 30-year-old is committed to play the Kooyong Classic prior to the Australian Open, and he hopes to be there: 'I have a lot of excitement and I do all that I can. But being closer to the date I will see if I am prepared to compete.'

He also revealed an interesting thing: 'I cry for things that my friends are surprised of, like the River-Boca. But it's better not to speak about it. I get emotional also for the moments with the family, the memories. I am more sensitive.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Rj7voB

No comments