Breaking News

Djokovic on being an inspiration: It was about my success of 5 years ago

Novak Djokovic is proud and happy to be considered an inspiration for other people. The Serbian player believes that it all started in 2011 when he had a stellar season. 'It was all about success probably until about five years ago,' said Djokovic. 'For me, tennis is more of a platform now for other things — for the values that I want to share and the messages that I want to give out to the young generation. The tennis court for me is a place where I get challenged in every possible way — emotionally and physically. My character is kind of on the line, so I treat it as my own personal school of life. Not many places can trigger me, positively or negatively, like a tennis court does. I see it as a place where I can grow, regardless of where I’m in the world. It demands a lot of extreme focus and dedication from me and there are outbursts of emotions that I didn’t know that I had. That’s the reason why I’m grateful to play this sport.'

Djokovic feels he is in a much better position now than in late 2017, when he was dealing with an elbow issue. The Serb was in a good mood ahead of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi. 'It has been an exciting 12 months. Twelve months ago, I was still carrying the injury of the elbow, which two months after that resulted in surgery. Post-surgery, I was 22 in the world, and in four or five months, I was no 1, so it has been a roller-coaster ride to be honest and I am very grateful for that,' said the Serb analyzing the success he got in 2018. 'This season has taught myself a lot about myself as a tennis player and as a person. I had to really dig deep in every sense to really try switch tables in my favour in terms of tennis. I had to really understand my game from every aspect to get to where I am at the moment.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ESKDWY

No comments