Breaking News

I will take necessary precautions for heat in Australia, says Simona Halep

In an interview to Courier Mail, Simona Halep said she is not afraid to face the heat when she heads to Australia in a few days. The Romanian player will compete at the Sydney International and at the Australian Open. Speaking on how she will deal with the tough conditions, Halep said: 'I actually enjoy playing in the heat. Physical fitness is a huge part of my game and a great strength for me and something I work very hard on throughout the year. I think when you have won some really long matches in the heat, it helps psychologically that you know you can do it, plus with experience you know what you need to do to recover properly and take care of your body. So I try not to think about the extreme heat as a negative and just prepare as best as I can and take all necessary and professional precautions.'

Halep is the Australian Open defending finalist having lost 2018 final to Caroline Wozniacki, but she assured that is not worried by the expectations people put on her. 'I’m really proud of how I handled the pressure of being No. 1 in 2018', the 27-year-old explained. 'When you have a target on your back it’s not easy because everyone wants to play their best against you and beat you. But being No. 1 is something you should embrace and be proud of. I try to carry it as a privilege rather than a burden and use it as motivation to make me an even better player.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QbjT5m

No comments