Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Thankfully I am not playing Serena Williams in singles'

Roger Federer is excited to face Serena Williams in a promising mixed doubles match on January 1 at the Perth's Hopman Cup. Federer will play alongside Belinda Bencic for Switzerland, while Williams will partner with Frances Tiafoe for the United States. 'Thankfully I’m not playing her in singles', laughed Federer. 'I’m very excited to be playing against her and watching her up close. I’ve seen her on the telly. In the stadium watching her like this when she plays Belinda (Bencic) will be a nice treat. For me to be playing against her in the doubles, that’s definitely something very special. She is a champion and a winner... so I’m sure she also wants to do well.

I agree it’s a big deal. We’ll probably play it down a little bit, say it’s not that big a deal for us, it’s just another tennis match. But it really isn’t because it’s probably going to happen once and then never again and that’s why I hope we’re both going to be injury-free when that day comes around. We’re just going to try our very best.'

Federer and Williams have a nice relationship with each other and they attended several events for endorsements together. Roger will seek his Grand Slam title No. 21 at the Australian Open, No. 24 for Serena.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LIBXD3

No comments