Breaking News

I would have never thought Roger Federer would win 20 Majors - Enqvist

Former world No. 4 Thomas Enqvist praised Roger Federer in an interview to Telegraph during the Champions Tour event earlier this month at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Enqvist, who is also the Laver Cup Team Europe vicecaptain, recalled the final he won over a young Federer in . 'He hadn’t put all the puzzle pieces together yet, but he had glimpses where you felt, “This guy is unbelievable”. Still, if you told me at that time that he would win 20 grand-slam titles, I would have said “No chance”', admitted Enqvist.

Goran Ivanisevic was asked who will be the next big player in the men's tennis: 'Alexander Zverev is the furthest ahead but plenty of guys could overtake him. Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas has a good chance and we have a Croatian too, Borna Coric, who is ranked No 12 in the world. Kyle Edmund is strong, but I don’t think he is a No 1 of the future – I would say he will be in the world’s top five.'

The former Belgian player Xavier Malisse praised Federer and Rafael Nadal's longevity: 'I find it amazing because I still play French club tennis – the standard there is very high, people like Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gilles Simon take part – and after I have a hard match, I can’t walk for three days!'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal could make important changes to his long-term schedule

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RtzPoo

No comments