Breaking News

Rafael Nadal unhappy of 2018 season: 'I went through bad moments'

In an interview to Movistar, that was broadcasted on December 25 in Spain, Rafael Nadal analyzed how his 2018 season went. The Spaniard won Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, French Open and Toronto, but he dealt with knee, hip and foot injuries that forced him to withdraw from several tournaments. 'I cannot be happy because I went through tough moments', Nadal admitted. 'The results were very good when I competed, but I competed less than any other year due to physical issues. I was influenced by the injuries more than any rival of mine. The good thing is that I came back stronger. I do not believe that it's a question of kilometres (years) because when I had less I also had injuries. The nature gave me good and bad things and injuries, especially on knees and foot.'

Nadal feels satisfied with how his pre-season training went: 'I ended 2017 very tired and I could not prepare well and this year I had better preparation. You have to accept things the way they come and try to overcome them.'

Speaking on the chances to play the Tokyo Olympics, the 32-year-old added: 'I do not see it as a priority goal. I had the luck to compete in good conditions in two Games and I lost the London ones. I would like to come to 2020 Tokyo, but it's not a priority. I will play until tennis makes me happy and my body holds up. I have no fear of speaking on it because I do not see it now. I do not think that it's a thing you prepare but that you feel. I hope it does not come soon.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Stge4L

No comments