Breaking News

I would move to Africa if I could, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer was barely losing matches more than a decade ago. The 37-year-old loved time when he was so successful being able to compete in many tournaments. 'There was a time where I was dominating and it was so beautiful. But facing Rafa, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi was so nice', said Federer, who also recognized that for him being fully motivated is the key: 'My strongest motivation is the love for tennis, it has always been this way, you can always find a way to find new motivations.'

Federer feels a special connection with Africa as he runs his Foundation that works a lot in that country. The 20-time Grand Slam winner lives in Dubai or Switzerland, but he would love to spend more time in Africa. 'When I was 12 years old my father Robert had the chance to work in Australia in the paper industry. We spoke about it in my family, but in the end we decided not to move because our connections were and are in Switzerland. Today if I had to move I would go to South Africa, the country where I already have my passport', said Federer.

Then he also commented on how he fell in love with the game: 'For me my childhood idols were Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg, Pete Sampras. I liked a lot also Marcelo Ríos's game and the attackers like Pat Rafter and Tim Henman.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2SJHqfi

No comments