Breaking News

Injuries and pain make you tired, says Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal always stood out for his unbelievable passion and excitement when he steps on the tennis court. However the Spaniard has been dealing with physical issues for months and he admitted that it is a tough mental challenge to overcome. "You get tired because of injury and pain", said Nadal in Abu Dhabi. "But every day you return home and put everything on the balance. It's always the positive things, which are heavier than the negative things. In the morning, you wake up with the passion for the game, improvement and that's the only way I am able to find a way to get back to the level I want to be. I am always motivated and feel passion for the game. Even if I am coming back from injury, I give my 100 per cent. I work hard and get ready for what's coming."

Nadal also commented on how his 2018 season went: "I played nine events in the whole season and retired in two Grand Slams. I had a good year on the court but it has been tough in terms of injuries. So finishing the season as second-ranked is amazing. I am coming back from surgery. I am happy with the improvements. I need to take care of my body. I have to take step by step. I don't have to ask myself for big things in the beginning. I have to be positive with every improvement. I am looking forward to a healthy season. I am excited to be back in the court and Abu Dhabi."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AmfyHy

No comments