Breaking News

Novak Djokovic eyes seventh Australian Open title: 'This time I am fit'

Novak Djokovic is excited to possibly get his seventh Australian Open title and 15th Grand Slam title. In an interview ahead of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship, the Serbian player said: “The Australian Open is a tournament where you want to shine and give your best. I’m really looking forward to the Australian Open because that is where I have had my most successful Grand Slam. I know I have not had a good time in the last couple of years, that great of a performance. I was injured and going through physical difficulties. But I’m fit this time and back to No. 1 in the world; playing good tennis in the last six months. Hopefully, I will be able to transfer that into success at the Australian Open.”

The Spaniard Rafael Nadal, who had foot surgery in early November, said: “The body’s holding good. I’m happy to be back. It’s a new season and I have to take care of my body. Coming after surgery, I have to go step-by-step. But I’m here and ready for the new season. It’s just that I try hard. I try to be ready for what’s coming. The second part of the season was tough last year because of the injuries. But that happens and that is very much a part of my tennis career too. I know coming back is hard. I just try to stay calm and work the right way. I know things won’t be easy. When you are making a comeback there will be tough feelings, there will be pains in the body that you normally don’t have. I don’t have to ask myself for big things in the beginning. I just have to be positive with every improvement and that way you get to the right point."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VgcK7F

No comments